Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fathers and Sons







Brandon and the boys had some male bonding time this past weekend. Brandon took an old climbing rope and made them a swing...they are lucky to have a dad who is so handy. The last picture is of the boys on their way home after they had gorged themselves on hot dogs and marshmallows (they couldn't spend the night because B had an early climb Saturday morning).

5 comments:

Ann said...

This event looks like a good time for Monkey bread.

Dan S. said...

Those boys do look happy. I don't do much father and son stuff outdoors. I'm more of an indoors person, so my sons are quite good at computer games. In fact, much of Jacob's every-day vocabulary comes from video game terminology. Even outside of the computer world, he likes to "defeat" his daily challenges. When he accomplishes something outside of the computer world (like makes a basketball shot), he earns a "bonus point". When he gets tired of playing a game, he wants to progress "to the next level." When something doesn't work out, he declares "game over." When he goes to the bathroom, he "shoots lasers." When I wore a new shirt, he said that I "unlocked" a new shirt. When Connie and I sat down to yoga recently, he walked into the room, saw the two yoga mats on the floor, and said that we had "two players." I've created a geek. I need to get that boy back in touch with nature. I'll get him a nature-based video game to ease him into it ;)

jared said...

Lol...Jake will one day rule the world with his video game inspired brain developement.

jared said...

Those pictures remind me of our own fathers and sons up at graduation flats. Looks like Brandon has recreated a former memory...I bet the rohrer family tent spot is still reserved as no ones dares to defile its sacredness.

dalan said...

Yes, these pictures do bring back old memories. Sweet phrases of encouragement from father and older brothers alike. Phrases like, "don't get that close to the fire," and, "don't swing that high," and, "Don't wander that far from the tent," and, "stop throwing rocks," and, "come in the tent, it's too late," and, "put down that cow pie," and, "your too little to come," and, "go play with the little kids,"

Ah, sweet sweet memories!