Friday, May 9, 2008

Our furry friends




Well, we have two very sweet kitties! Andie took some pictures of them the other day, and I'm posting a picture of each of them. Peanut Butter is the more obedient of the two--he comes in each night when I call him, and he also sleeps on Sam's bed or Andie's bed every night. Twizzy is the rebellious one and often doesn't come home until early in the morning, and he likes to catch mice, birds, and lizards. When he does come home, he sleeps in our room on the couch next to our bed. Or he can be found on Sam's pillow...almost completely on top of Sam's head...but Sam is a sound sleeper and doesn't seem to mind.

6 comments:

jared said...

I didn't know you guys had cats. It made me think our our cats. We had one that was also "rebelious". He killed the neighbors chicken, a small rabbit, a gopher, and a couple of lizards. Deep down we were always proud of the little psycho. He liked dalan best too. Isn't that weird how cats seem to like little kids when their asleep.

Ann said...

John grew up with cats sleeping on his head.

dalan said...

finally someone can admit that all the cats liked me best! Haha... ah time always pulls the truth out of the best of us. I miss ditto by the way... Over and out.

Dan S. said...

My mom has a cat. It tried to kill her once. It was on the gas stove and "accidentally" turned on the gas. I think that my Mom wasn't there at the moment (or maybe she was asleep), but when she came back home (or woke up), she realized what had happened when she smelled the gas. Good thing too, because the cat was waiting by the back door with a box of matches clutched in its paws. No, I'm just kidding about the matches, but the gas part is true.

We had a family pet once called "Mama" cat. We called her Mama cat because she would only come to live with us when she was pregnant, which was at least every Spring for several years. She was a pure-bred Siamese cat, a liberated socialite kitty. We never knew from whence she came or to where she returned, but our lives were enriched by her seasonal visits.

jared said...

Dan, your kitty experiences are enough to make anyone wish they had a cat.

jared said...

In fact, it almost makes me wish I had a cat (....for me to poop on)