Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cooking Ideas?

Since I am about to start working I am going to need some cheap, healthy and fast meals.

Any suggestions?? I'm bored of everything we cook.

5 comments:

Ann said...

You can grill chicken to last a month and put it in the freezer. Do the same with waffles and have a waffle supper from time to time.

Have you tried breakfast buritos--Eggs, susage or ham with salsa. Good for any meal.

Boil potatoes with skins, enough for several meals. Keep them in the fridge and you can do different things with them--potatoes and onions,
hash browns, potatoes and onions, has browns.

I'll think on it some more. I'm bored with what I eat too, so its hard.

Dan S. said...

chicken, spinach/brocolli, basil, butter and agave. Fry in a pan. Eat.

pork, olive oil, agave, pinch of cinnamon. Fry in a pan. Eat.

zuccini, butter, cheese, onions, agave. Chop. Fry in a pan. Spread on frech bread (or stick in pita). Sniff. Eat.

Ann said...

Sniff? Eat? LOL until my sides split!!! Do you get that from your kids, or do they get it from you. I love it.

Ann said...

Here's a sweet deal.

Fat free cottage cheese
Blend until creamy. (My hand-held braun does great).
Add stevia to sweeten and your favorite extract sparingly. i.e. a tich butter, nut, vanilla, or just vanilla, or coconut, etc.)
You got a great fruit dip with minimun calories (80 per 1/2 cup, but you would never eat that much in one sitting)

Take the same blended cottage cheese as a base. Spice it with salt, onions, garlic, and thin with water. You got a great salad dressing, again, very few calories. Or leave thick and use it for sour cream. Tastes great.

Or give it an asian flare and spice with soy sauce for cream of something or another for chinese food.

Kristy said...

Thanks for the advice! :)