Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our (pent) house

Room 1 - Before


Room 1 - After




Room 2 - Before


Room 2 - After




This is our new furniture and its new arrangement. We wear robes around and read the newspaper and do other "richie" type things so that we don't feel out of place. Not really. We are way excited about it all though and thought we'd share the excitement! There are some before and afters here.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Connie said...

Nice Work! It's even more impressive knowing that you did it on a budget.

I know you guys could start a business. Call it "Decorating on a Dime. The URL would be doad.com.

jared said...

The place looks great. I am impressed that you picked up on my very subtle cue about posting these shots. Well done. I really like the blue chairs. I think they look high end and high class. The art in the dining room also rocks. It is humongus. I always tell my clients that I think they need more humongus art in their homes. Props, Amen.

Dan S. said...

Connie, for curiosity, I tried to visit doad.com, but my internet filter blocked it. It probably is an unreputable site.

Jared, I like how you ended your comment with "amen." But, you forgot to say, "in the name of Fashion" before saying your "amen." Thus, your comment lacks full authority as a fashion testimony.

Brandon said...

Actually, when people bear fashion testimonies, they usually mention Jared. He's a fashion diety, so anything he says is automatically canon.

Dan S. said...

Brandon, that's true.

Jared, no sacrilige intended. I will now go burn last years styles in homage and pray that a plague of paisleys does not descend upon my household.

Ann said...

What a clever family I have--and full of it to boot.

dalan said...

You'd be lucky with paisleys Dan, no no... Jared will send FLORAL COUCHES upon your house! And he'd do it regardless. In the name of good style, fashion, or Jared, Amen.

Ann said...

Floral couches, striped drapes, and orange shag carpet---

jared said...

I just have to say that I would be very ungrateful if I hadn't born that fashion testimony. When I first thought about doing it, I was like...what should I say? After pondering it a bit more, I began to see things more clearly. I looked up the word fashion in websters dictionary. The definition stated: fashion, any thing lovely and of good report and expensive looking, we seek after these things. That is when it hit me all of a sudden that fashion is true. In the name of fashion, AMEN!

jared said...

woops...did I just cross the line?

dalan said...

I don't know, but the cool thing about crossing the line on blogs is that you can't take it back, it stands as a permanent reminder that you, once again, have gone too far. I know the feeling well.

Also, I think it is a three way tie who is quoted more in Mormon pulpit pounding: Webster, C.S. Lewis, and Scripture.

Ann said...

mymen and mymen! Or is that Ahmen?

Connie said...

I believe! Can I get a Haleluja!

Ann said...

Woah, Dal. Penthouse draws more comments than "Iron Rods will go to Hell if Liahonas don't keep them grounded" article. :)

Kristy said...

What kind of family did I join? It must have been a faulty background check I got. They are never going to let me teach in the schools, no wonder the job search has been tuff.

Brandon said...

I recommend creating a false identity for use in your professional life and other polite company. It's what I do.

Connie said...

And I reccommend that you openly declare your association with us crazy nut cases in hopes that it brings you fame and noteriaty. That's what I do.:) That's what Hollywood does!

Ann said...

I clearly remember seeing "Crazies" in the Family background check--very, very small print. That's why you need magnifying glasses--or reading glasses as we old folks call them. :)

Anne Marie said...

Hmm...I`ve never heared of a fashoin testimony.I`ts weird beacaus God and fashion don`t go good together.Jared,I do agree about that testimony.If you hadn`t born it,no one would be talking about it in their comentes.

Ann said...

You tell him AnneMarie....

Anne Marie said...

Mabey theres a fashion god who blesses people who bares testimonys on fashion.

Dan S. said...

Anne Marie, I'm glad that you can understand our silly humor. Thanks for joining in!

jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jared said...

Anne Marie...you make some very good points. I have this sneaking suspicion that you have your dads funny bone inside of you just waiting to be developed. I hope this blog mentors you to funny greatness.

Anne Marie said...

Yes,that is true...