Thursday, November 3, 2011

Frumpy Mom

Before I had Carter I talked about how I never wanted to be a frumpy pregnant woman. I said I was going to wear heels to church my whole pregnancy. That lasted up until I wore heels in my 3rd trimester and my feet were KILLING me.

I also said that I wanted to make sure I made time to get ready when I was a Mom, make sure I didn't let my self go.

Yeah, about that....

Last Friday night we were at the mall and I'm in sweatpants, sweatshirt and no makeup, Dal's in his casual Friday work clothes and even Carter is dressed for success ...and Dalan asked me what was on my sleeve...

baby poop.

Yes, ladies and gents I had baby poop on my sleeve and who knows how long it was there for. It is time to start taking care of myself. No more frumpy Mom.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

meant to write that on my blog...oh well, enjoy.

Brandon said...

I laughed out loud in a meeting when I read it. :) No worries! Being the parent of a baby is all about survival. You're alive? Carter's alive? Dalan's alive? Then you're doing great.

Connie said...

I'm so glad you shared. I can totally relate. Atleast you try not to be frumpy. I bet you still looked cute in your sweats and poopy t-shirt.

Reach for the stars and you'll likely get as far as the moon, but if you don't reach you'll never get off the ground. Keep reaching. I'm still reching.