We went away for the weekend and everyone went blog crazy (Well, mainly Connie). So I thought I would join in. Here are some pics of what Dalan and I have been up to this summer. Although, it isn't really fair following the grandkids.
Dal and I bought belly flops, they are jelly bellies that are irregular. They aren't joking. We found the Mama Jelly Bean.
Dalan and I downsized to a new apartment to save a little money each month. Only one person came to help move and Dalan moved the rest by himself.

Dalan took me shopping and to Chile's for my birthday. We had a gift card from my graduation and we went crazy. Some of the waiters were shocked how much food we ordered.

This last weekend we went to Twin Falls. We canoed down theriver. It was so pretty. I almost considered moving to Idaho permanently.

This is us playing with sparklers on the 4th of July.
23 comments:
(This is jared), Hey you guys sound like you are having a great summer! Moving is the pits but I bet your stuff will look even better in a smaller place! Canoeing sounds awesome and mama jelly beans and over eating at chilies also sounds awesome. I hope you trip to washington is the pinnacle of your summer experience! We look forward to seeing you guys.
It looks like Dalan burgled BYUI gym gear. Don't worry, we won't tell. ;)
(This is Brandon). You guys are busy bees! I'm excited to see you this week. Save some party for us!
Are busy bees, related to brazilian bees?
Dal, if you burgled stuff you must remember the number one rule. Avoid being photographed, especially with the stolen merchandise.
why are so upsessed with brazilian bees??????
Just to clear Dalan's name, you should all know that BYU doesn't issue gym clothes any more. They use wrist bands.
Where did you get those Dalan? I'd like to get my hands on some. They bring back a lot of good memories.
Alright everyone, you can purchase clothes at the bookstore or you can check them out in the locker room with your i-card.
...hopefully that cleared my husbands record.
Kristy, thanks for clearing that up. I thought for sure Dal was headed for a life of crime :)
I, like Connie, have always wanted a set of BYU gym clothes. BYU didn't sell gym clothes when Connie and I attended. Basically, if you saw someone wearing them outside of the exercise facilities, you strongly suspected that they had pinched them.
Anne Marie,
You crack me up. I'll explain the Brazlian bee joke to you when you get back. Can't wait to see you again! I miss my little girl.
I also noticed in these pictures that Dalan looks like a GA. Can anyone tell which picture I'm talking about?
The one where he's sacked out (I mean meditating) on a comfy chair?
Does "GA" stand for General Authority or did you just forget the "Y" on the end? If you forgot the "Y" then I'd say the picture where I am holding the mama jelly belly.
No, I didn't leave out the "Y" (although I'd have to say that all of the pictures fit that description) :)
No, the third picture is the one I was thinking about (the one at Chili's).
A GA in a striped shirt? Maybe if he was wearing an Armani suit, white shirt with cufflinks.
:)
PS
We are enjoying Anne Marie.
I was referring to how Dalan's head cover's up the "GA" in "Margarita" in the third picture. Gotcha! And you all thought I was saying he looked like a General Authority...no way! A General Authority either looks fat, old, or unaturally tanned (in the case of President Uchtdorf). Also, Dalan doesn't include his middle initial in all pronunciations of his name, and he doesn't say "an" heritage, and he doesn't call every event in the church "historic." Further, he doesn't call his wife his "sweetheart," and he doesn't tend to speak in the passive voice when speaking of spiritual things (e.g., "testimonies were shared", "love was found," "service was given"), and he doesn't speak in a Utah accent ("the Lard Jesus").
LOL!!!!!! Am I going to be struck by lightening now?
No, but you will be called to work in the nursery.
actually, dad says that's right where I'm heading. Relief society has become a little hard to sit through for want of experienced teachers and difficult subject. I've been going to nursery with Landon and don't mind it so much. Get some good visiting in with the other nursery leaders.
:)
Dan you mock, but you shall mourn. The "Lard" is going to call you to be a "GA" a general just so you can suffer mockery at the hands of some young punk like yourself one day. Laughter will be heaard.
Yeah, Dan, you're going down!...er wait...up!..uh...on the stand! Ha! What you gonna do with that?
Pointed comments by your sweetheart, Daniel L. Salgado--or is that L. Daniel Salgado? Laments were made, cries were heard, little compassion was felt. An historical event. Woe, woe, woe be untoo ya.
Connie, you are so wrong! I'm not a young punk. I'm a middle aged punk.
Jared, it sounds like you're describing a roller-coaster ride. Could be fun. I guess I'll ride it.
Ann, please don't fuel the fire of your daughter's wrath.
Post a Comment