Hey everyone! As if my birthday could get better after the last post, I got a job! I will be teaching kindergarten at an elementary school in Rexburg only a few minutes from BYUI.
Congrats! You'll be the best kindergarten teacher ever! (Especially if you don't make the kids fingerpaint if they don't like to get their fingers dirty.)
(Explaining Brandon's fingerpaint comment, he hated to get his hands dirty, even if it was fingerpainting with chocolate pudding. That's why he is a mechanical engineer--no pudding, no grime. Now we know where Jake gets it.)
Well done Kristy. Did you know that for some people, everything they need to know in life they learn in kindergarden. I hope you will challenge those types of people to maybe go on to first grade, you know, give it a try.
Ann, Jake probably gets the messy-crazies from me. I hated getting my hands dirty too. I found making mud pies and finger painting revolting. I used to hate washing dishes for the same reason, fear of yukkies getting on my bare skin. I still think that eating watermelon halves is uncivil (it has to at least be cut into wedges to avoid any contact with the cheeks during consumption).
As for the prettiest teacher comment...I still remember all of my pretty teachers. Most boys probably do. But, I also remember well the teachers who cursed. So, Kristy, if you drop the F-bomb a few times you'll for sure be the most remembered teacher by all genders.
Gloves might work for dishes, but what about for watermelon? I guess I could put a plastic bag over my head and cut a hole for the mouth. I'd probably save a lot on napkins that way (hmmm...maybe toilet paper too...).
7 comments:
Congrats! You'll be the best kindergarten teacher ever! (Especially if you don't make the kids fingerpaint if they don't like to get their fingers dirty.)
Not only the best teacher, but the prettiest.
(Explaining Brandon's fingerpaint comment, he hated to get his hands dirty, even if it was fingerpainting with chocolate pudding. That's why he is a mechanical engineer--no pudding, no grime. Now we know where Jake gets it.)
Well done Kristy. Did you know that for some people, everything they need to know in life they learn in kindergarden. I hope you will challenge those types of people to maybe go on to first grade, you know, give it a try.
Ann,
Jake probably gets the messy-crazies from me. I hated getting my hands dirty too. I found making mud pies and finger painting revolting. I used to hate washing dishes for the same reason, fear of yukkies getting on my bare skin. I still think that eating watermelon halves is uncivil (it has to at least be cut into wedges to avoid any contact with the cheeks during consumption).
As for the prettiest teacher comment...I still remember all of my pretty teachers. Most boys probably do. But, I also remember well the teachers who cursed. So, Kristy, if you drop the F-bomb a few times you'll for sure be the most remembered teacher by all genders.
Ahh! Wear gloves to wash the dishes. Might work with pudding art as well. Are you reading this Brandon. Why didn't we think of that before?
"All I Really Needed to Know, I learned in Kindergarten" Robert Fulghum. Funny, funny, man. And insightful too.
I have no idea what either of you are talking about.
Nice try!! :)
Gloves might work for dishes, but what about for watermelon? I guess I could put a plastic bag over my head and cut a hole for the mouth. I'd probably save a lot on napkins that way (hmmm...maybe toilet paper too...).
Post a Comment